War is hell (always)




Well, I am happily working away on my snappy little black Mac book. What a sweet little machine.

I have a goal to keep my desktop and document folder a lot neater. On my ibook I probably have at least 30 items on my desktop, which I have not filed away.

This morning I spent some time editing down the changes at first@night. It looks pretty good.

I had lunch with Sam Chaise today. Sam is an old old friend - I've known him since I was a little kid. He is a pastor in New West, and the president of our denomination. We had lunch at a place I am not usually used to going - the Pan Pacific at Canada Place. It's a beautiful spot overlooking the water and the North Shore Mountains.

They have a 22$ burger on the menu! Loaded up with short ribs and foie gras!!! Hilarious.

This evening I saw "Letters from Iwo Jima" - Man what an amazing film - I highly recommend it. I think Clint Eastwood just might be the greatest living American director today. I know - Scorsese and Coppola and others are up there. But the level of excellence of his films surely have to be reckoned with: Unforgiven, Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Perfect World and Flags of our Fathers.

I e-mailed a bunch of Seattle emergent pastors about Potland churches - I am going to try to go to 3 emergent churches on Sunday - I might not make the evening one, but I'm going to try.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What's a Potland church?
Is that BC speak for weed-tokin' bible thumpers?

-Warren

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls