Moving

This morning we went to Grandview Calvary Baptist Church. This is a church we attend from time to time. I usually don't go anywhere in the mornings - I am usually prepping for the evening, and just find it a bit tiring to try to do too much when I have to preach.

At Grandview, they held a special part of the service where they remembered children who had died before they were born, either through miscarriage or abortion. Parents of children who had died were invited to come to the front and share the names of those who had died. They then dropped flower petals into basins of water. Then they could take a rock, wrap a ribbon around it and lay it before a cross.

It was one of the most moving things I have ever seen. One couple had lost 5 children in 2 years. How does one cope?

The church took a risk in doing this, but it was worth it. It was an amazing service.

A lot of people have not heard of Grandview - but I think it represents both the emergent and missional streams of the church, better then any other church I have ever been to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls