Christmas in Vancouver

As you can see I've been fooling around with different templates, fonts, colours, etc.

I like this one - Carla was using it, so I've followed her lead. The font appears small - I've enlarged it on this post.

By the way - I've lost my site counter!!! When I made the template shift, it disappeared. I have had a difficult time adding a new one. this is a bit frustrating as I like to see how many people are reading this thing.

Any techies out there able to help me out?

Anyways - had another does of Christmas in Vancouver. Went on the bright lights train in Stanley Park. This was actually pretty good. The train goes for about 15 minutes through a well decorated part of the Park.

There were a few odd images - along with Santa, snowmen and a nativity scene, there were also native americans and a leprechaun. The train took a turn into Bizarro world, when a dancing cowgirl on stilts came out and did a little jig. This was a real live person on stilts dancing around. I was wondering what an international student would have been thinking at this point: Christmas in Canada includes a giant woman dressed like a cowboy who dances.


We had some time to kill before the train ride so we went to the Vancouver Aquarium.We are members so we get in free. It is a pretty decent aquarium and is open all year. They are expanding it - there is a whole new kids section now which Adam really enjoyed.

I noticed that Adam doesn't really like playing with other kids. This older boy was trying to build blocks with him. Adam had no interest and went off and did his own thing. Loner.

I am speaking at the Community Christmas Carol Sing.

I have prepared a 7 minute devotional on being "at home". Having a home and being at home are not the same thing. You can have a home and a family and not feel "at home" there. But Jesus said that he would come and make his home with us.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Comments

Julie said…
Hi Santosh
Hope your service goes really well today.
I think I figured out an answer to your question about how to monitor traffic. I downloaded one from www.sitecounter.com and instructions on how to install it are available at http://weblogs.about.com/cs/blogutilities/ht/addcounter1.htm
Hope that works!
jbn
Julie said…
Opps! I lied!
It's www.sitemeter.com
j
oldman said…
I have been following your blog for a couple months now and I wonder if you would mind a few not so complimentary comments from someone over the age ag 20 that may just challenge you to some thought outside the box....let me know...
oldman said…
By the way I have no intention of being disrespectfull. I am just interested in an intellectual challenge which you may or may not find interesting....
Santosh said…
Do I want not so complimentary comments? Who doesn't?

I added the registration feature to my comments because some anonymous writers were slamming me, without any chance for me to know who they were or where they were comeing from.

I would be happy to dialogue with you, if I knew who you were - seems only fair - you know who I am.

If you choose to stay anonymous, I am not interested in dialoging with you.

So.... who are you?
Santosh said…
Julianne - will try that web-site and see if I can get my counter up! Hope you are keeping well.
Nancy Jean said…
jules, you are a blog geek, but a helpful one.

santosh, come on, that guy is over 20, shouldn't that be credentials enough?

nancy b.

p.s. i don't like your template at present. (is that an uncomplimentary comment?)
p.p.s. i will never be able to let go..haha.
rs said…
hello,

i stumbled onto your blog #@#$ google searches can be so distracting! and wish you all the best in your ministry

robert scott states he sent you the full text of the oct 26 globe & mail article...may i ask you to send it on to me

thanks
k.
Santosh said…
robin - how do i send it to you?

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)