Black Dust Settling

The guy from the fireplace came today and they have agreed to pay for all the cleaning and are not charging us for the initial cleaning, so that's good.

Took Adam swimming - He loved it.

Saw Blood Diamond tonight. It made me wonder if the diamond ring I bought Felicia had innocent blood on it.

Also - where did we get this idea that an engagement ring should cost 2 months salary? I chose 2 weeks salary as the figure for the rock I bought Felicia. It just seems so odd to me that you would price anything out according to 2 months salary.

When you buy a car, you don't calculate how much you're going to buy according to 10 , 12 or 14 months salary.

2 months salary - sheesh.

This new book by Eugene Peterson is fantastic. This is some of the best he has ever written. I see Peterson as a guy who crosses a lot of borders - he is well respected by both emergents and more mainstream evangelical pastors.

I had a class with him at Regent on "Soul-Craft". I was always amazed at what a mellow, understated guy he was. The last time I chatted with him was 2 years ago at a Regent retreat where he was the plenary speaker. Nice, nice guy. And I hear that Message Bible is really catching on.

Comments

oldman said…
Oldman here..thanks for the honest answer but what do you PREACH on that subject...I'll leave any heavy subjects till after Christmas. So Merry Christmas...How do you feel about not being able to say that to people in this politically correct world
Santosh said…
What do I preach on homosexuality? Is that your question?
oldman said…
Yes that's the question.From what I have read about you and from what I know about Baptists they are anti homosexual so i am interested in just what it is you preac regarding that subject especially now that you have answered my previous question with "I don't know"....thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls