Black Dust

Today my Mom got someone in to clean out their fireplaces, which is I guess something you are supossed to do every now and then. The guy fnished the job and left. We were sitting in the family room where one of the fireplaces is located.

As we're sitting there 2 things happen:

1. I notice that my nephew Jacob has black stuff on my face.
2. Felicia notices that her fingers are getting blacker and blacker.

We start to look around and run our fingers over various things in the room. Everything - EVERYTHING is covered in a fine black dust - soot? The walls, the furniture, the Christmas presents under the tree. On close inspection it looks like a room after a fire has taken place - smoke damage everywhere.

So we call the furnace company - the guy doing the cleaning had a hole in the bag of his vacumm cleaner!!! After several phonecalls with the company they agreed to pay all the cleaning costs, which will certainly be way more then the bill that was paid to get the fireplaces cleaned.

The service manager never talked to my mom directly - I think he was scared. He just left a message for the receptionist to pass onto my mom. So now we can not sit in the family room. I'm sure Dobson would find some kind of metaphor for this - the fmaily in America is under attack form the soot of pop culture and liberals. I could keep going down this road, but think I will leave it for now.

I got my haircut today from Shonna from Nipawin. My dad has a theory that all the stylists in Regina are from small towns. All the stylists in Regina I know are from small towns - I think he's onto something. The place I got my hair cut was called "Scissors and Spice" - I still went there.

Shonna looked like she had had a toudh life - a bit overweight and a droopy smile. I tried to engage her in conversation, to little success. Most of my queries were answered with "Oh, yeah". When I heard she had been to Vancouver a couple of years ago, I excitedly asked what she did while there. She replied with "Not much." I slowly gave up hope that Shonna and I would be good friends. She did tell me she was doing home renovations. So I gave her a tip after the cut to help with the drywalling.

Adam continues to develop his social skills with Jacob and Mira. Jacob is very diplomatic in giving anything over to Adam. If Jacob has something that Adam wants, Jacob insists on negotiating a deal - like Adam stop crying or Adam gives him a car. Kinda like another Jacob I preached about earlier this year. Actually the young man has some shrewd skills which will help him later on in life.

Saw Little Miss Sunshine which was my favourite movie last year. It came out on DVD today - rent it and tell me what you think.

Comments

Inihtar said…
Ohhh! You're one of the talkative ones! I'm the kind that likes to be left alone during haircuts, travel, waiting in line at the grocery store etc. Maybe Shona is too:)
Julie said…
Santosh
Jealous of you guys being in SK for Christmas - it's the place to be. Sorry to hear about the black dust disaster - poor Ninans! Hope the gingerbread offered some comfort.
Julianne :)

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls