Whine and Geez


Last night we hosted a wine and cheese party for our floor. Out of the 11 other people that live on our floor, 5 came over. It was really fun. We had 3 kinds of cheese, crackers, red wnd white wine, baklava, fruit and other goodies.

It was really great getting to know some of the folks on our floor. We have always talked about doing it so it was nice to finally pull it off. One of our neigbours is a concierge at the 4 seasons. She said one of the oddest guest requests was a guest from Texas who wanted 100 A&W ketchup packets. He said he really liked their ketchup - I guess.

Finished "Joyful Exiles" so unfortunately no more excerts for you - buy the book.

Have moved on to "A Grief Observed" by C.S. Lewis. This might seem like an odd choice - I'm not really grieving the death of anyone or anything like that. I just have a personal goal of reading everything Lewis wrote. In the past few weeks I've finished Miracles and Mere Christianity (sorry - I got tired of hyper texting)

This is at least the 3rd time I have read Grief Observed. I like it, but it's not one of my favourite Lewis books. I think my fave Lewis books are the following:

Mere Christianity
Screwtape Letters
Chronicles of Narnia
Abolition of Man

Tomorrow I am speaking at a multi-church service. Pretty stoked about it - its all about the kingdom baby.

Comments

oldman said…
Oldman here...okay my name is Michael..(not a fake)...So now will you let me post questions or will you just delete them....
Santosh said…
Sure - but can you tell me a bit more about yourself? Do we know each other off-line? Do you go to first@night or First Baptist? How did you find my blog?

If you don't want to answer them here, you can e-mail me through the first@night web-site - use the link from the blog.

You see everyone else on here I know, either through their blog, or I knew them before. That why I was hesitant to enter into a dialogue with an unknown person.
katevp-a said…
Santosh,

I read a grief observed. It was really good, but really sad. Originally it made me never want to get married because of how sad it was. But he had a beautiful love with his wife.

also, i like this mystery of the blogger.

exciting
Nancy Jean said…
whatever you want to say to santy you can say to us, oldman.

wait, could this be michael capp? he claims to be an anti-blog reader...

the plot thickens.
Santosh said…
We are all on your tail oldman - you will not be anonymous for long my friend.

A grief Observed - finished it today. Simply a stunning book in the raw honesty of Lewis. He gives us a gripping window into his grieving process.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls