Rocky Saves


I got an e-mail today inviting me to a special screening of the new Rocky film: Rocky Balboa. It has been sent out to pastors and other Christian leaders. Unfortunately, none of the cities that it is being screened at are remotely close to Vancouver.

Apparently Sylvester Stallone has converted to Christianity and wants Christians to use this film to do Bible studies and sermons. there is a whole bunch of resources, similar to past campaigns with The Passion, Narnia, Da Vinci and The Nativity Story. There are Bible studies, sermon outlines and even a tract. There is a big box of stuff available for free to promote the film.

Stallone's conversion has influenced the next Rambo film - Rambo rescues a bunch of Christian relief workers held hostage in Burma!!! I am not making this stuff up. If Stallone's conversion is genuine and real, that is pretty cool.

I remember years ago seeing an interview with him, where he talked about how he could not believe in God because one of his sons was born with severe autism. He could not believe in a God who would allow that to happen.

I guess he's made his peace with God.

Compliments of Mark L. I got tickets to the Canucks tonight!!! It was awesome - they even managed to win! I took Brent and we had a great time. I noticed that the demographics of a Canucks game are vastly different from a Lions game. This is because season tickets cost upwards of $10 000. The Canucks have sold out of these tickets - capped at 17 000 seats. So most of the people who are at the game are fairly wealthy (except me!).

Lions season tickets are much much cheaper.

Comments

John Santic said…
Hi Santosh, interesting news about Rocky...

I am uncertain about the motives behind such marketing campaigns and I posted some thoughts at my blog about it www.towardshope.typepad.com

I like Rocky and will porbably end u[ seeing it if I can find the time...

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls