Sunday


A friend of mine preached his last sermon at a church he had been sr. pastor of for 17 years. It was pretty emotional, but there was a strong exhortation at the end to hold onto truth, listen to authority and pass the faith on to the next generation.

Then we ran errands in the afternoon. A Starbucks on Seymour has a manager whose name is Asha - Asha is my sister's name. I asked the barista if the manager was in and that my sister shared the same name. She said - she's in - do you want to talk to her?

I said, no - what would I say? Nice name?

Came back - prepped for tonight. Tonight was one of the best services we have had. I really felt the Spirit in worship and as I preached. God is so good - He never lets us down.

Been thinking of getting down to do some writing. Lauren Winner is coming to Regent to teach a class on writing - I'm tempted to take it - I am reading Real Sex by here right now - she is a truly gifted writer - I highly recommend her.

Waiting for my folks to come over right now - it's 10:30 PM and I am bagged. My dad was speaking at a conference in Surrey. They leave tomorrow night, so we get a short period of time with them tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls