Retail

I bought a new laptop, but I am having difficulty transferring files from one to the other.

It is a new apple - I bought it on-line. I am convinced that Apple stores have the absolutely worst customer service on the planet. There is one around the corner from our place. I am completely ignored everytime I go in there.

We tried going to another store on Broadway - there was 5 employess who were all busy gazing into space. I left and ordered it on-line. I also got a mighty mouse, which I do not like. Felicia can use it instead of me.

I finished reading "Purpose Driven Church" by Rick Warren. When he was planting his church in Saddleback, he sent out a letter to the community inviting them to the church - 250 people showed up! That would never happen here. I would bet that not a single person would show up if I mailed all of Yaletown.

I think the reasons are cultural - people in America are still conversant w. the idea of attending church - as such a large number of population attend at least monthly. In Canada - Vancouver esp. the church is at the margins - except for certain pockets like the Fraser Valley or Steinbach.

The most effective way for reaching people in urban Vancouver - love them, build storng, deep relationships w. no agenda.

Good post by John Stackhouse here on Ted Haggard being "cured" of his homosexuality.

Comments

nick said…
Just wanted to make it clear to your readers that you mean the Apple resellers have the absolutely worst customer service on the planet, because if you have ever been in an actual Apple store, the experience is much different.

Oh, and the rest of the post is interesting too, but it takes some good Apple slagging to get me to really comment. Let me know if have any questions about your Mac.

Fanboy out...
Anonymous said…
mymacdealer in Calgary is where I bought my Apple ProBook

they were very helpful in that wonkish "Tramps bookstore on 8th St in S'toon staff" kinda way

-Warren
Loeppky family said…
I think that you would be surprised at the response you might get with a letter inviting people to your church. My parents first starting going to church because they got a flyer in their mailbox at the right time in their lives. That led them to the Lord. I think that Vancouver is a very secular place but the Holy Spirit works though mysterious ways.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls