Eddie Gibbs




I was at this emergent/missional conference at Trinity Western in Langley today. Eddie Gibbs was speaking - He was great. Eddie is the foremost academic who has studied the emergent church. The southside interns group had lunch with Eddie and had a spirited talk about where the emergent church is headed.

All in all, it was a great set of meetings. My one critique was that it was extremely academic. They should have probably had some practitioners come and speak as well. It would have been good to have had some case studies to interact around as well.

I've recently been thinking of writing a book. Some title ideas:

"How to grow a church to 20".
"How to keep on going when nobody likes you."

Oldman had asked whether I would still believe that Jesus was divine, if it was proved that he had been married, had a child and died.

I really don't know what I would believe. I mean I would have to believe the facts, if they were proven to be true. But I think it would take some time to re-orient my life around. It would be like someone telling you that you were adopted, when all along you thought your adopted parents were your natural ones - You could accept the fact, but it would take some time to accomodate your life to it.

Adam has started telling jokes - well just one actually - It's the old "knock, knock - banana joke - except he leaves off the "orange you glad I didn't say banana again" He just keeps saying "knock knock - banana"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls