The Tailor

Today Charity Hayashi and Felicia went for lunch. Which meant Josh and their 9 mth. old son Everett came over here to hang out. Which meant Adam and I had all kinds of fun. Adam treated Everett very well although he kept calling him little sister. Everett is quite cute, and sort of dragged himself around in pursuit of Adam. Check Everett out here.

It was good to catch up with Josh. Josh has a great heart for ministry.

John Santic has an excellent post here on christian consumerism. good job John. Hits the nail on the head and pictures too!

There is a tailor in Yaletown. I find it so odd that we still have tailors - I often associate them with candle stick makers or cobblers. But anyways they're handy for hemming jeans that are too long. It is run by this Eastern European woman who seems incapable of smiling.

I bought a pair of jeans in Oregon that are too long. So I went in there. There was a male tailor in there today. He looked really sad. I'm sure if I had looked closer I would have been able to see shackles on his ankles tying him to his desk.

She asked me when I needed them. I said, "Tomorrow" with all kinds of hope in my voice. I saw this was going nowhere so quickly added... "or Wednesday".

She looked at me and said "You come back on Wednesday". And she's right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls