Don't Drink The Water

Due to the recent storm, a bunch of our water reservoirs got dirty. Now, we have brown water and are under a boiled water advisory. We are supossed to bring our water to a boil for a minute and then we can drink it. Or, buy bottled water.

We have chosen the latter route as Felicia is pregnant, Adam is small and I thought I was getting sick. We bought some bottled water last night. This morning bottled water was sold out throughout most of Vancouver. There were fights at Costco over water.

This afternoon our local yuppie retailer Urban Fare was selling 24 bottles for $50!!!! Talk about extorting the masses!!! Since this was the closest place for us and we don't have a car, we had to buy some there. At first I was going to buy 4 cases of 24 and then I saw the outrageous price and just bought one.

When you shower, the water just stinks of dirt.

On another note, I am not a gamer so I cannot understand the frenzy surrounding Playstation 3. I saw some clips on the net of people getting injured in the mad dash to get one of the elusive gaming machines. I have often thought that there is a spirit of consumerism in the world. Well, today I think we saw a physical manifestation of what this spirit looks like in the physicality of people pushing and shoving to get these games.

You don't need playstation 3 to be happy.

Trying to get through the sermon on the reconciliation between Joseph and his brothers - this is a story about family reconcilation and why families break apart int he first place. I will be preaching it on the same night that I do my very first baby dedication!!! So that should be cool.

Comments

Santosh said…
What the heck? Who are you?
Asha said…
Santosh - why that awful photo of me a couple days ago??

I hope the water problem clears up soon.

We miss Adam!!

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls