Off for Today

Last night I did my first ever baby dedication of Olivia Marie Welch. It was really nice with lots of the Welch's family and freinds present. I also preached on the importance of family, using the reconciliation of Joseph and his brothers as the biblical example.

A nice surprise was 5 people from Saskatchewan who all now live in downtown Vancouver. They were all connected with the Connection. The connection is a church that Felicia and I were both attending when we lived in Saskatoon. It was started by my friend Sam Chaise. It was started 10 years ago, and has recently exploded in size and ministry.

first@night is in a lot of ways in the same position that the connection was 10 years ago - small, finding its way.

I am currently reading the biography of johnny Cash, written by Steve Turner. It's really good. It's interesting - there's a story of Cash meeting Don Freed - a singer/songwriter from Saskatoon. He was a long time boyfriend of Joni Mitchells. Freed played a song for Cash once, Cash liked it and tried to get him a contract with Columbia. Guess he never got it.

Lost Lamb - Adam dropped "Lammy" - his stuffed lamb - his best friend. Dropped him on Cambie Street on our way back from Starbucks. We didn't notice he was missing for a couple of hours. I went out and there he was, all bended up, wet and looking sad. I picked him up and rushed him back to Adam who asked him why he went out on the street.

Good question.


Comments

katevp-a said…
Of course I remember when you baptised me Santosh! I did not know that it was your first baptism. That is pretty cool.

Baby dedications are also very sweet. It's good to hear all that you and Felicia are doing in the 'Couv.

Kate

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls