exile on CAMBIE street


Through the generosity of a good friend I was given a free ticket to the Rolling Stones concert last night. I guess I could be considered a fan. I own the following Stones CD's:

Let it Bleed
Exile on Main Street
40 Licks (2 cd best of)
Flashpoint - live CD from Japan
Sticky Fingers

I think Exile is the best Stones album and one of the greatest rock and blues album of all time. I am a fan of the 70's Stones. The albums in the 90's and 00's have been mainly disappointing.

I've been to a few really big rock shows, but I have to say the sheer spectacle of this show was pretty staggering. The show opened with an animated video of a big screen of a plane going around the 7 wonders off the world, the faces of the 4 Stones morphed on to the screen in various places. The video ended with a huge explosion and a single spot-light shone down on Keith Richards at the front center of the massive stage as he tore into the opening riff of Jumping Jack Flash.

BC Place exploded after that. The energy stayed high as we watched the incredible energetic acrobatics of Mich Jagger. Truly one of the greatest show-man's in the world.

The show lagged only once, when Keith Richards did a 3 songs set - Mick took a break and Keith mumbled through the songs. You could see people streaming out to the washrooms or to get more beer.

About 3/4s through the show, a big section of the center stage all of a suden started moving forward down a track through the middle of the stadium. All of a sudden, the cheapest seats were now front row as the whole band was transported to the back of the stadium. It was really cool.

I had a pair of binoculars which proved very useful. All in all I give the show a 10/10 - it was simply amazing.

We had a pot-luck tonight, but due to the massive snow storm our numbers were quite low.

We had a good leadership meeting as we went over December and made some decisions about January. Once I confirm them I can let you all in on them.

Looking forward to a day off tomorrow, might try to catch the new James Bond - have only heard rave reviews about it. Dilip made the point that James Bond films suffer from incredulity - invisible cars, bullet proof ties, etc. Apparently this one doesn't have that stuff.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls