Miracles

My review can be found on Relevant magazine. Use the link on the left. feels good to get something published by them again. I was writing quite regularly for Relevant - about once every couple of months. But since Adam was born and I have started working at first@night, I just haven't had the time to pop out some good srticles. Now, it's just the rare film review.

I am trying to read through 8 C.S. Lewis books. I finished Mere Christianity - which I think is the 5th time I have read it. Now I am reading Miracles, which I have never read before. Man, this guy's reasoning is so tight. No wonder his books keep being rediscovered by new generations.

The first chapter differentiates between 2 types of people: Naturalists and Super-naturalists. The first group believe that matter is all there is. The second group believe that there is more then just matter - there is another world - a spiritual world. A Miracle thus occurs when the supernatural world intersects with the natural world.

Here's an excerpt:

The Naturalist believes that a great process or "becoming" exists "on its own" in space and time, and that nothing else exists - what we call particular things and events being only parts into which we analyse the great process or the shapes which that process takes at given moments and given points of space. This single total reality he calls Nature. The Supernaturalist believes that one Thing exists on its own and has produced the framework of space and time and the procession of systematically connected events which fill them. This framework, and this filling, he calls Nature.

Don't ya love him!!!

On a more personal note, I NEED your prayers. I have recently been feeling under a lot of stress. Some of it is tied into something that happened in my recent past (not the Bar None debacle). Anyways, this "thing" has been hounding me for about a week now. It has led to recent sleepless nights and a couple of severe headaches. I missed a prayer meeting on Tuesday and another meeting today, due to the headaches and sleeplessness.

So please PRAY.

I have been meditating on Psalm 25 for the past couple of weeks which has turned into a big comfort as this wierd battle rages inside me.

Psalm 25:

In you, LORD my God I put my trust.

I trust in you;
do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame,

Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.

Do not remember the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, LORD, are good.

Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.

He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.

All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.

For the sake of your name, LORD,
forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

Who, then, are those who fear the LORD?
He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.

They will spend their days in prosperity,
and their descendants will inherit the land.

The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.

My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.

Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.

Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.

Guard my life and rescue me;
do not let me be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.

May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope, LORD, is in you.

Redeem Israel, O God,
from all their troubles!




Comments

katevp-a said…
Sweet review Santosh.

We just recently saw the movie (actually Nancy Broten was here visiting me in Ottawa!).
I thought that it started kind of slow, but all of us really liked the movie.

Very interesting to see Will Ferrell in a different kind of role.

Kate

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls