not again


(above - adam holding court in tofino)

There are a few web-sites I check everyday. The Drudge Report is one of them. Drudge covers a wide variety of news events. Imagine my shock when I read the headline of bomb blast in Mumbai. I turned on CNN and watched in horror. I used to live in Mumbai in 2001. I took those same trains and got off at some of the stations where the bombs went off. I still have friends that live there and have been unable to reach them.

This is India's 9/11.

I am now officialy entered in the Victoria Marathon in October. I went for a run today and had the same pain in my left calf as when I was running the half marathon. I now have to see some kind of physical therapist to fix me. That sucks.

Look at the disparity between those 2 scenarios. In Mumbai there is carnage, death and violence. In my little life I whine about some pain in my leg.

We are petty people with our ipods, lattes and designer clothing. I hope people in the 2/3rds world are praying for our spiritual pettiness as we continue this downward spiral into greater and greater superficiality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls