break on through

Through many dangers, toils and snares we finally made it on our home group retreat on Boewen Island. You would not believe the debacles that came up in getting here. Anyways, we had our first session this morning. It was simple - share where you are at in your life - and here's the kicker - be honest!

I led by example and opened up about some things I had been dealing with. And slowly one by one the walls came down. Tears were spilled - As I prayed for two people in particular I started to sob and could barely talk.

THAT HAS NEVER EVER EVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. I chalk it up to emotionalism and the fact that I slept for about 15 minutes last night. Anyways, it was a fantastic time and I only wish the entire home group had been there for it. Then we were going to go for a walk around the lake but we ended up at some rocky beach instead. then we had gelato's at my friends gelato place up here. I saw him just as he was leaving - Carlos - actually his place is a chocolate store that sells gelatos as well. They are sort of chocolate artisans.


It is a good retreat - God was here and we showed up - not the other way around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)