Now, this is Christmas

The Ninans and the Clause.

This looks like he is actually skating!

Yesterday Adam sang with a choir of little kids at First Baptist Church. Adam was placed in the back because he has the loudest voice. Unfortunately a girl with a big head was blocking him and another little boy, so I didn't get very good video of him.

After Adam finished, I went down to the nursery to check on the kids. My friend Josh caught me and we chatted a bit. Josh is the youth pastor at First Baptist. We also went to Regent together. It was good catching up, discussing the joys and challenges of ministry.

I had a 2 hr. window to tighten up some of the stuff for our Urban Sanctuary Christmas party. Then at 3 I rushed over to catch up with Dennis. Dennis goes to a local Bible school. He is interested in interning with us at some point.

Then we had a leadership meeting. Today, we didn't have much planning to do. As a leadership team we are reading "Shaping of Things To Come" by Alan Hirsch and Michael Frost. (Alan is listed on the side as one of my friends, whose blog I read regularly). I think Frost and Hirsch are doing some of the most cutting edge thinking on this whole "missional church" surge of late.

Derek asked me what I am reading - I have just started "Foolishness to the Greek" by Newbign. All these missional guys are just breathing and living off of the fumes of Newbign. He was the cat that got this whole ball rolling. (He also told my dad to not get re-baptized as an adult).

Today:

Christmas is officially in my soul. We headed up to Grouse Mountain. At the top of the mountain they have a skating rink and "Santa's Workshop". They also have real reindeer, which is pretty cool.

Adam and I went ice skating. Well, I went ice skating and broke my back pushing him around while he held onto this metal thing that looks like a walker. He insisted on moving his feet, which made it all the more difficult to skate. But it was fun.

And then tonight we capped things off with "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

Pass the egg nog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls