601st post


All bandaged up.

I hit the 600th entry yesterday. Cool.

One of my biggest nightmares came true today - I cut my finger on a table saw!!!! I'm not missing a digit - so I'm not going to be like that wierd uncle at reunions who the kids are scared of.

But I did lop quite a bit of skin off. I took some pics, but they are honestly too gory to post - it looked like someone shot part of my finger off.

After waiting an hour in emergency, the doctor just said they were going to bandage it up - no stitches. I felt like such a baby.

The girl next to me in emerg. had 3rd degree burns on her right hand. We were sitting right across from each other awaiting medical attention so we started chatting.

Turns out she is the pastry chef at Joe Fortes. Felicia and I have eaten there before. I had a beer on their patio just recently. She placed her hand down on some recently torched creme brulee. It was pretty bad.


They bandaged me up. I got home and got right back on the saw! I'm so brave! The pain comes and goes - and it just came.

If you want to see my shot up finger drop me a line - you won't believe it.

Comments

Jeff Logan said…
Bring on the gore!! Send me the pix. My three year old daughter just got four stitches over her eye after a dancing mishap.
Joel M-E said…
ouch.... I didn't realize it was that bad.... I want some pictures as well (of hand and finished floor) - for inspiration and warning when I do our floor.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls