Open Table

Open Table is a concept that we have launched as a way to connect to the people in our buildings. It is basically just a community pot-luck. Just bring food and meet new people - the simplicity is blinding.

So we had our first one tonight. I stood in the lobby a couple of nights this week and handed out flyers inviting people to come. We put up a couple of posters as well.

We started at 6:00. At 5:55 I was riding the elevator and I turned to Brent and said.... what if nobody comes?!?!?!? Here, our little church community had pitched in to organize this thing - everybody giving their heart and soul.... and I was shaking at the prospect of us just staring at each other!!!!

Well, by 6:10 we had 10 guests from our building!!! And the greatest thing was that everyone from Urban Sanctuary was engaged in conversation with all our neighbours!!! It was so amazing to see.

I met everyone who came, and about 7 of the 10 left their contact info. for future events!!! Unreal.

I am very happy with how it went. Praise God for letting us use the gift of hospitality.

Comments

Joel M-E said…
well done. - I think that is great success

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls