Shopping and other tragedies

Because of the strong Canadian dollar, we are in Seattle, trying to pump up the American economy by buying things. Felicia bought mainly stuff for the kids and a few clothes for herself.

I bought a sweater which was on sale. And my biggest catch was a pair of Senheiser headphones which I got at the Apple store. Man, I wish we had an Apple store in Vancouver!

I made a reference to some mis-placed books. Last night we went to Barnes and Noble. I got The Interior Castle by Theresa of Avila, Pilgrim's Progress and Terrorist by John Updike. Felicia got some books for the kids.

We took a cab back to the hotel. I placed the books in the trunk. Felica folded up the stroller and we came back to the hotel. We got out of the van, and both forgot to get the bag of books out of the trunk!

Calls to the Cab company were of no avail - so now there is a cabbie in Seattle enjoying a couple of Christian classic books and some books about a rabbit buying a new hat. Rats.

I really like Seattle - not sure if I could live here - its that whole cultural divide and the over population of evangelicals (especially when compared to Canada).

Going to try to head home early tomorrow - Only one stop on the way back - Felicia wants to buy a Baby Bjorn baby carrier, because the carrier we have now is brutal. Wearing the one we have now cuts deep welts into my shoulders and forces my spine to bend in unnatural ways.

Comments

Unknown said…
if you used a credit card to buy the books, some of them cover theft within the first 90 days. That may get your books back - doesn't hurt trying.
Anonymous said…
Sorry about the books.

Oh, and about the carrier, spend a few extra dollars and get an Ergo - you'll be able to use it for a good long while. The Bjorn (even the 'active' model) still hurts parents and isn't good for your baby's hips.

joèl amzil... who is passionate about baby wearing and whose baby is in her Ergo as she types... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls