After the after party



Yesterday I was driving around the 2 main actors and director of the film Hank and Mike. This film is about 2 Easter bunnies who get fired, and have to find new jobs. It also stars Chris Klein of American Pie fame and Joe Mantegna.

I wrote yesterday about how these guys told me that I should not see their film because I was a pastor. Today I was given a ticket to the world premiere - some of my friends were part of the "entourage". Anyways, outside the theatre the director recognized me and told me to be sure to come to the after party at an upscale night-club. I said sure.

The film was hilarious!!! I really liked it - I could tell why they warned me - there is some nudity and quite a bit of swearing. But - very funny - but maybe not for my more pious brothers and sisters.

So after the show, we're milling about - one of the actors grabs me (we're facebook friends now!) and we head down to this club. There's 2 line-ups - one for the public and one for guests - we are at the front of the guest line-up - I am with the main actor, and this is their party that they are hosting and.... we can't get in!!!!

We wait around and then the ultra serious bouncer finally opens up the velvet rope and we amble inside. Well, once inside the real fun begins. We are told there is a $12 cover. The actor and his handler explain that this party is being hosted by the production company of their movie - so none of us need to pay cover - as they're bickering I start to move into the club and.... get pulled back.

A bouncer explains that I have to remove my hat, jacket, hoodie and bag before I can go into the club. I stared at him in disbelief - I have been wearing my hat all day, and my hair would look ridiculous without it. And there is no way, I am going to take off all the other stuff - my jacket, I could understand, but why the hoodie?

Anyways, as the rest of the crew was negotiating actually getting further then the lobby of the club, I slithered out, totally fed up with the hassle from the bouncers. We are going to a club, not entering a prison or an iron curtain country!!!

I walked down Granville in the rain, picked up a donair and watched the tail end of SNL.

As I walked home, I must have passed 1-200 people lined up outside of the half dozen or so night-clubs on Granville. Most of them are in their early 20's and from the burbs. How fun is it to stand in the rain, waiting to get into some dark place where you will over-apy for drinks, while staring at other glum looking folks?

Anyways - an interesting ending to my rainy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls