Iska's Journey

Had lunch w. Mark L. today, and then did some random stuff downtown together.

Saw a very typical film festival movie today - Eastern European, grimy, depressing, nihlistic film w. no hope or redemption. Iska's Journey trails a poor girl growing up in rural Hungary - dysfuncational family, begging for food, w. a heartbreaking ending. The theatre again was apcked - some good buzz about the film - I think it played at Toronto and Seattle film festivals.

Once a month we are encouraging our church to spend an evening opening up their homes to their neighbors, in an attempt to get to know them, and to be able to share the love of Christ with them.

Well.... we invited 3 different friends of ours and ..... none of them could make it!!! I was kinda discouraged, so Brent came over and we watched a movie together.

I spent part of tonight praying for all my friends that don't know Jesus. Stumbled onto a pretty good book - the Papa Prayer by Larry Crabb. Crabb posits that we should approach prayer relationally, rather then petitionary - he says that this discovery has revolutionized his spiritual life. I have been putting some of the principles in practice, and have to admit that I have felt a real sense of God's presence, like I never have before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls