Craziest week ever

This is the pic that accompanied an article that appeared on the Globe and mail today. I haven't been able to get an on-line copy because I am not a subscriber and it costs 4 or 5 bucks for a single article!

This article is much fairer then the previous one, with the reporter simply stating the facts.

I think I am in some kind of low-grade depression right now - the grey weather isn't helping either. I don't have much desire to leave the apt. and see other people.

The support and prayers of my friends has been incredible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

There are those from within the body that have been more critical of the whole situation - including a couple of people that have no clue what took place in the initial conversation with the Sun reporter, who offered their advice on what I should and shouldn't have said.

Anyways, I can see how God has been caring for my character through this whole thing. Initially I wanted to avenge my name and state where I am coming from - attack, attack, attack.

But now I am coming at it from a place of forgiveness and grace for the reporter. I hope to meet with him and build a relationship with him. This change of heart is the only result of God's grace being poured into my heart. Thank you God, that you care enough that you protect my heart from bitterness, anger, resentment and rage.

Instead, there is peace, hope - and to be honest, some sadness at the loss.

Here's something that makes me happy and glad:

God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

“God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.

Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Santy, you have always been a quality dude; you were sterling twelve years ago when I first met you. Therefore this episode will only hone your excellence and push you into the upper stratosphere of dudeness. You have the wit, the intellect, and the PANTS shirt. NO punks will ever hold you down. I got your back. I will even send them anthrax in the mail if you want.
Anonymous said…
Great verses which speak great promises. He is mighty!

"But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our bodies." 2 Corinthians 4:7-10
Rob Scott said…
Santosh,
I sent an electronic copy of your Globe article to your Yahoo email address.

Hang tough,
Rob
Anonymous said…
Hang in there Santosh... Been thinking of you all week. And praying. A lot. May God be glorified. joèl~
Anonymous said…
Pantsman, you are one sweet g! Next time I see you, I'm buying you a piece of apple pie.
Anonymous said…
Hi Santosh,

How this particular situation unfolded is unfortunate from our temporal perspectives. My heart goes out to you for the effort and passion you have injected into loving those who do not know our saviour. We can trust that for those who Love God, events and situations such as these will be for his greater glory. Let's pray for vision and a peek at that revelation.

Peace be with you this day.

John
Anonymous said…
You must know the saying "ALL GOD'S CREATURES" well I have to believe that he meant Homosexuals as well and if they are that way from birth and not by choice then how can they be sinners. The act of sinning means they must understand that they are doing wrong.Maybe your lowgrade depression is God's way of saying.."HEY"..smarten up
Anonymous said…
I think it is God not allowing you to do this thing. Has that crossed your mind? Maybe you are trying too hard of your own strength. If it is of God it happens! I think you also "misread" the Yaletown idea. The people who live in the shoeboxes that are passed off as apartments are owned/ rented by those who are trying to gain status by living in a developer's idea of "class" but yet it misses the mark greatly. These people don't want to say they went to a bar to go to church. They want something to tell others that makes them appear "classier." Keep working on this idea - you missed the mark on many points in this one my friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls