Celebrity sighting #?

This morning Felicia phoned and said she was going to the hospital because she wasn't feeling well. This is wierd - she WORKS in a hospital and she phones from another hospital!!!

So I get me and Adam all ready and we head over to St. Paul's and we wait, and wait and wait. I have to confess - Adam was amazing this whole time! He didn't complain, cry or get upset about having to wait in a little room for his mom. And... he barely had anything to eat! - what a great kid.

As I was walking towards Felicia's room, I looked over to my right and who do i see but mini-me himself, verne troyer, being helped on to a hospital bed by paramedics. There was also a teenage army cadet in there for some reason. Mini-me and I stared at each other as I walked by.

As I took Adam in and out of the room mini-me and I stared at each other twice. I was feeling kind of sorry for him because there was no one with him. He was just kinda lying there - he always looked at me when I walked by - probably because there is nothing else to look at.

I almost felt like going up and talking to him and seeing if he wanted to talk or if I could pray for him or anything - but it probably wouldn't be too cool to just go up and start talking to patients!

When I walked by him on our way out, he had an oxygen mask on and also had a friend with him now. Poor guy.

Anyways - Felicia was fine - false alarm - she was feeling really weak and wanted some blood tests done. Nothing going on.

Headed for brunch at Denny's. Yum Yum.

Later on while Felicia rested, Adam and I headed to the Gap to get some product red stuff. Product Red is a new campagn by Bono. He has contracted with a bunch of brands to create products where a portion of the profit goes to fight AIDS in Africa. He was promoting it on Oprah yesterday.

Well Oprah's power was evident, as the Gap was very very low on selection due to unprecedented sales. I managed to get a couple of things.

Incidently, I bought Felicia one of the very first product red gap t-shirts from london in february - before they were available in North America. So go out and buy stuff and you'll help save the world (a little cynicism there).

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw the Oprah/Bono thing on Sunday, and it was good... it looked like bono was having a lot of fun shopping..... kind of looked like a little kid. I just checked out the RED stuff online - and I think it is a good campaign (but probably won't be buying anything at the prices I saw as I am way too cheap) .... it will get some people thinking, and help some other people justify spending $200 on a pair of jeans. It is sad how little people give to charities... here is a snippet from a webpage.


(2005 or 2004 stats)
The extent of charitable giving is also lower in Canada, where 24.9 percent of all tax-filers made donations, compared to 29.4 percent of Americans.

The average donation in the US ($3,731) is over three times more than the average donation in Canada ($1,165) even before accounting for differences in the value of currencies. In Alberta, Canada’s top-ranked province, the average donation ($1,468) is only 18.6 percent of the value of the average donation for tax filers in Wyoming ($7,888), America’s top-ranked state. Even in Rhode Island, the lowest ranked US state, average donations are close to $1,000 more than in Alberta. These differences become even more pronounced when currency differences are taken into account.
andrew said…
Hey Santosh - I want to talk to you about Yaletown, as I'm having similar thoughts as related to Toronto. But for now, I thought I'd point out an article on consumerism, charity and (product) RED written by Heather Mallick

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls