Running away


I love this picture - That is Mount Baker, the moon and the wing of the plane. It was taken in August on our flight back from Saskatchewan. Click on it to see the larger image.

Ran 13 miles today. I was supossed to run 15, but didn't have enough time. It was beautiful - sunny. Ran through Stanley Park - it was magical hearing the waves smash up against the sea-wall.

I know I was pretty cryptic yesterday, but I really can't get into it. But... God revealed something amazing to me from His Word - it was bang on for what we were dealing with.

I have started reading a book by Parker Palmer - Palmer is sort of in the Buechner style of writing. He is a Quaker. I like what these guys say about "listening to your life". We need to listen to our lives, but this requires quiet and sometimes solitude - something that is lacking in our world, unless you live on a farm or an acreage.

But we can carve out sacred space if we want to. That's what monks did - they created beauty in desert places. And that's what we need to do to - create a place for beauty, quiet and solitude.

That's what I do when I go on my personal retreats to Boewen and every morning when I light a candle and reflect on God's Word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls