Innocent Man in a Fierce Downpour


Students leave Dawson College after shooter opens fire.

Man - I am still shocked at that tragedy in Montreal. Please pray for the families of the victims - what a mess.

Deep down in the soul of that killer was something sick and damaged - something, dare I say it? - demonic. I am stunned at how little "spiritual" talk there is in our churches. We are embarresed to talk about demonic powers because the world will mock us. Sorry, demons are real and they wreak havoc in this world all the time.

Worked on sermon this morning.

Went out to New West on the Skytrain - haven't done that in awhile. Nice way to see parts of greater Vancouver that I don't normally see.

Had lunch with my former pastor Sam Chaise. Sam pastors a church called Olivet Baptist. Had a good discussion about how to do church - the joys, frustrations, etc. Sam did what I am presently doing. He started a service called The Connection in Saskatoon, so he had a lot of insight into what I am going through.

Went for a "fartlek" run. A fartlek is when you run fast/slow/fast/slow a bunch of times during the run. I forget what it's good for - but it was in my marathon training for today.


There is a small crack opening for a meeting place in Yaletown - please pray that God busts this door down. All summer I have been getting doors slammed in my face or worse - stagnant phone calls and e-mails - that is I contact someone and never hear back from them

AUGH!!!!


I'm going to start adding a new dimension to our services on Sundays - During our coffee break time, before the sermon I am going to play a video clip of something - it may tie into the sermon and it may not - just something visually arresting to bring everyone together to focus.

Last week I played a clip of MLK's I have a dream speech. This week it will be the new Thom Yorke video - it is an amazing video with interesting visuals and graphics.

I don't have time for Greg Boyd tonight - maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls