Desperate Driver


Did some more driving for the Film Festival today. This morning I drove 5 people:

A university professor from Madison Wisconsin - super nice guy who specializes in Hong Kong Cinema.

Jan Triska - character actor from the Czech Republic who has lived in Los Angeles for the past 30 years. He is in a film called "Insanity", which looks pretty much like it sounds. Nice guy as well.

Alexandra Cunningham
- producer of Desperate Housewives!!! She was really cool. She had also worked on NYPD Blue which I told her was one of my favourite shows. We had a great time chatting. Her partner/boyfriend also came - he was a real cool cat - really serene about everything.

Ronit Avni - Israeli American film maker who made the film Encounter Point. This film is about Israeli and Palestinian families that have both encountered loss. Avni has been featured on Oprah and her film was shown at Tribeca. She was super nice and tiny!

I also got to know a lot of the other people that work at the festival. I have volunteered this year in order to get to know people in the local film industry as a way of developing bonds with the world of the arts.

I love the look people give me when I tell them what I do: I'M A BAPTIST PASTOR!!! They look at me a second time and wonder how that happened. Anyways I'm having some amazing chats with these amazing people.

But, I realized again how much I hate driving - After my shift ended I was completely stressed out and nervous. On the oputside I was all smiles, inside my internal organs were melting.

Had my missional training center meeting out at Surrey tonight - this is a meeting I have every Thursday night with 6 other pastors who discuss ministry related issues - its a real life-line for me, even though it is in Surrey.

Comments

ajt said…
Wait a minute! Yesterday's post left us hanging...and now today's didn't even mention your news...

Did I miss the big moment?

Still waiting to hear your news!
Anonymous said…
Big News..?

Appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court..?

Nobel Peace Prize?

Subletting Bono's townhouse for the weekend?

-Warren
Anonymous said…
I am no film expert (considering I didn't recognize any of the people you mentioned)... but I have a feeling Santosh is doing this to keep us reading his blog....
:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls