read the comment on yesterday's post first

my friend warren described his experience at a church in calgary. he made the interesting comment that he probably talked to more people at a movie then at this particular church. (p.s. - i would ignore the name of the church)

now he may have just run into the wrong people on this particualr day. but i think his comment concerns me - if i were a non-believer and i wandered into a church and i saw lots of people talking to each other and i was being totally ignored, i wouldn't return to such a church.

the whole aspect of being relational and engaging other human beings needs to be regained in our churches. people in large urban centers are starving for real human contact. i pass by probably over 50 people in the 8 blocks it takes me to get to the church everyday - i do not connect w. a single one of them - we pass each other as if we are invisible. this has got to do something to your soul.

we are created for community. this is one of the gifts that the church can offer the world - real community where souls touch souls. - this is my sermon for today.

longest day of my life it felt like. the next few weeks are quite critical. first baptist will decide whether they want to continue to support first@night. its do or die time. i present a preliminary proposal to council tomorrow night and they make a decision in march.

i've been asked to join the church health and planting team for british columbia - this is a group of guys who oversee and advise all the new church plants in our district. went to a meeting today at carey. they were very supportive of me personally and i was so grateful to them. i am honored to be able to interact with such wise men.

anyways - keep me in your prayers. i felt a lot of stress today - oppression too- but i guess that's expected in the business i'm in.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Santosh...... You popped into my mind today and I thought I'd look you up!

Sorry to hear about the 'stuff' at church. hmph. Will pray.

Good to see pics of you guys. Felicia is as gorgeous as always (Hi love!!! xo) and Adam is getting soooooo big! Wow! Looking marvelous.

Take care. Hang in there. The Big Guy's with you.

blessings and cheers, joèl~
Santosh said…
hey joel (i don't know how to put that reverse accent on)

hope you are keeping well. nice to hear form you.

stay in touch.
Anonymous said…
Maybe I should go by JÖEL... brings me back to my german roots.
Herr Black would be so proud of me for using a double umlaut. :)
Hey is the the female Jo'el from Saskatoon of the nightsong era?
Anonymous said…
It is indeed Joèl from NightSong, Joel..... How are ya?!

My husband and I just live a 3 minute drive away from the Ninans... All is well..... How's Andrea?

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls