Grouse Grind Ground

I almost died yesterday. I did the Grouse Grind - its a hike that goes straight up the face of Grouse mountain - it is so steep that there are times you are literally climbing the mountain wall. There were a couple of times I almost fell backwards (to my death) or collapsed due to exhaustiion (and died). I know I was out of shape when old guys started to pass me.

I finally got to the top - time 1 hour and 9 minutes of climbing - another half hour of water breaks. I'm going to try it agian next week and try to beat my time. I am so sore today.

This weekend my best friend is having his stag - i think it will be a nice time of drinking brandy and smoking cigars in our smoking jackets while discussing how things were so much better in the 50's. just kidding - should be fun - will keep you updated (though probably heavily edited)

tonight is date night! dinner and a movie - going to see batman. will post a review later.

will also post some pics of the grind.

"Guess what? I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls