A Day in the Life

So I had another day alone with the boy. Here's a breakdown:

8:00 - Adam wakes up giggling and I give him breakfast
8:15 - I shower and change and make my breakfast.
Adam plays.
8:30-9:00 - I read the paper. Adam sits next to me in his little chair and rips apart a magazine.
9:00-10:00 I read my bible and Calvin's Institutes. Adam is rolling around on the floor, he spots me and starts yelling. So I sit him next to me and he reads his book which I think is about a rabbit that buys a new hat.
10:00 - Adam goes to sleep. I go on-line and answer 8 e-mails.
11:00 adam wakes up and I change him and we headoff for lunch with mom.
11:30 - Arrive at VGH. Have lunch with Felicia in the hospital cafeteria. We have sandwiches and Diet Cokes. Adam has yogurt and milk (from mommy).
12:45 - We leave the hospital and Adam immediatly falls asleep.
12:55- Arrive home. Adam stays asleep even though he is taken out of the car, put in the stroller, taken out of the stroller, put in his bed and has his sweater and shoes taken off. Worried, I poke him a couple of times to make sure he's still breathing. He is. I read Watership Down.
2:00 Adam wakes up giggling. We get dressed and head downtown. I am in search of a used dvd to watch on the flight on Thursday. I have no luck.
2:15- Go to the Starbucks on Granville and Smithe and have a tall latte. Try to read more of Watership Down but Adam wants to play. So he sits on my lap and squirms all over the place.
Note - Whenever I go to a coffee shop and it looks to be full I usually put a jacket or my books on a table before I order so that I am guaranteed a table. I put my book on a table and order. While waiting for my order 2 older grumpy German men sit down at "my" table. As one is sitting down he bumps the table and gets my book covered in coffee. I pick up my book and say "you stole my table and drenched my book." the offender gets up to get some napkins. While i am standing there the other guy glares at me and tells me to get some "cleaner". I ponder what the ramifications are of throwing his coffee in his face but instead smile like an idiot. The offender comes back and hands me a napkin. I clean my book off and in my one act of retribution cooly throw the soiled napkin onto the table they stole from me.

Life can be dramatic sometimes.

2:40 - Head home. Adam naps. I nap.

4:00 - Adam wakes up. I wake up. I change him. I contemplate going for a run in the new jogging stroller and then swimming after but Adam is making his "hungry" cry. So I give him supper which for some reason he cries throughout.

5:00 Head out to Urban Fare to get some groceries for dinner. Make a much needed stop at the liquor store for daddy;s "medicine."

6:30 - A guy frm ICBC calls about a loan we are taking out. He has a thick chinese accent and I can barely understand anything he is saying. I either have a loan or I have bought property in Shanghai - I'm not sure which.

7:00 - We go pick up mom. I warn Felicia that the apartment is the messiest it has ever been, My habit of leaving my clothes everywhere has been passed on to my son - that is I leave his clothes everywhere now too.

7:30 - me and the boy go for a swim.

8:00 - Adam goes to sleep and I start dinner.

Tomorrow promises more excitement I'm sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey keep writing!

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls