Nice Day

Well - this was a day where there was no real pressure on me - no urgent lesson plans, no assignments, no sermons - woops - ok 1 sermon, but I have a pretty good handle on what I'm going to say.

So, I actually got to do a little FUN reading this morning! I have been reading Dan Allender's "Leading with a Limp". Allender writes in the vein of Nouwen - a lot of stuff on brokeness and fear. Pretty good.

Then this afternoon we had a nice treat - my good friend Andrea Tisher (see sidebar), and her husband Gordon dropped by to see the kids. Andrea is the worship coordinator at Regent. We go all the way back to 1993 when I was interning at First Alliance in Calgary. Andrea played piano and Kristy Marcine sang on the night I preached - its one of those memories that will always stick with me - my first "official" sermon if you will.

Anyways, Gord is a software designer and actually used to live in Yaletown. They now live in East Van in one of those new apartments, that could easily fit into Yaletown (the sesign and amenities would be similar to an apartment in Yaletown), but because they are not, they are actually affordable. Gord is a really nice guy - he is quite big, so it was quite cute to see him pushing Adam's stroller.

Tonight I met up with Mark and Brent to watch game 3 of the Stanley Cup - Ottawa won!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls