Come on everybody - PROCRASTINATE!!!


Sting leaving the concert - taken with my camera phone.

I am procrastinating. I SHOULD be writing my last lesson plan - instead I am on here, listening to Chariots of Fire by Vangelis. Listening to that song draws me back to 1980 or 81, when my parents pulled me out of school to go to a special pre-screening of the film. I think it was for pastors and other Christian leaders.

I got to the theater which was in Midtown Cinemas in Midtown Plaza - the theater is long gone - the last time I was there they were selling RV's and cars where it used to be. We settled in our seats and.... waited - the film was broken and we all left grumbling.

Another memory from that theater - I remember going to a Billy Graham evangelistic film there. At the end of the film, Billy invited people in the theater to come forward and make a commitment to Christ. When we were leaving, there were actually 2 counselors standing at the front, ready to pray with anyone who came forward. I still think that was pretty cool.

I was in Costco today and saw a diamond ring for $38 000. In Costco!!! If I was rich I would buy the bulk toilet paper a 20 pack of canned tuna and that ring, just to mess with the cashier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls