Allelon Day 3


Ok - so John wanted more stuff from Allelon.

I agree - it wasn't very good "live blogging", but its kinda hard to blog when the wi-fi is as effective as a hi-fi. Bill Kinnon explained what was happening today by saying that someone "in this room" was kicking everyone else off the netowrk because of something on their computer.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. Bill is one cool dude, who I had actually wished I had actually talked to - next time Bill!

Ok - so to sum up - Allelon is doing a great thing. They have recognized that the "missional" conversation is expanding and is most likely going to be a dominant influence in the church in the coming years. So, they are helping church leaders grapple with the changes coming, to articulate what is happening.

Alan Roxburgh - the face and voice of Allelon right now is a thoughtful speaker. He is so well networked that he is able to bridge the various "worlds" within evangelicalism.

Alan Hirsch is also thoughtful - The book he wrote with Michael Frost is THE BEST book written on the missional movement. I forced my Dad to buy it at Regent Bookstore. Now whenever I call him, I ask him if he's read it. He shocked me today when he said he couldn't find it - which is understandable, since he probably has more books in his library then Regent bookstore.

Anyways - the best part is in Roxburgh's book "Missional Leader". The first part of the book is on organizational change and it is good - but I have to read the whole thing and think about it to see if I understand it.

I had hoped to show Alan Hirsch downtown Vancouver, but he ran into some complications due to his Visa into the states, which he had to work on, which was too bad. I had hoped to hang w. him a bit.

So, I have some exciting news, but this post is too long as it is - I'll wait until tomorrow to spill it.

I'm prety excited about this. I very rarely get really really excited by things in popular culture but this new best of set looks pretty cool. I'm sure I will probably have all the songs on various albums - but will get it - the booklets in the "bootleg" series of albums are all really excellent - so the booklet in this one should be good too. Will probably get it for my b-day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Santosh,
It's Mark Priddy from Allelon. Just wanted to drop you and a few of the other bloggers a note of thanks. I appreciate your reflections. I was in NY, so I wasn't able to be there. Thanks again, they were helpful.

Grace,Mark
Santosh said…
Thanks Mark - and thanks for your vision for the Kingdom. What a testimony, of using the resources God has blessed you with to bless others.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls