MODERN TIMES


This is Bob Dylan's latest album. It came out today. I bought the deluxe edition that comes with a 4 song DVD. Bob Dylan is my all time favourite solo artist. I own over 25 of his cd's. I have the Martin Scorcese documentary "No Drirection Home" and also have the first installment of his autobiography "Chronicles." I have seen him in concert twice, and will probably see him again this fall.

I am a fan.

His career has seen some peaks and valleys. At this time he is making the most exciting music since his stellar string of albums in the 60's. From the late 70's to mid 90's he was only putting out the occaisonal flash of brilliance.

In 1997 Daniel Lanois produced the album "TIme Out of Mind". This is one of my top 3 Dylan albums (and one of my favourite albums by any artist). Lanois managed to spark a renaissance in Dylan. This album won a couple of grammies and was followed up by "Love and Theft" which was good, but did not reach the heights of "Time".

This new album picks up where "Love" left off. Despite the title, this is a rollicking good album, filled with obscure lyrics. There is even a very odd Alicia Keys refernce that I am trying to figure out.

Dylan is an aquired taste and I am guessing that most of the readers of this blog have not aquired it - your loss.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the 'heads-up' on the new album. I think I'll pick it up. Maybe we'll have to meet for third concert.???
Cameron.
Santosh said…
Hey yeah - you're in Saskatoon, right?
Anonymous said…
So what are your top 3 Dylan albums?

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls