13140 days


Nice shirts guys!

On Sunday I celebrated my 36th. b-day - 13140 days I have walked this planet. One Step Closer...

Finally get to update this thing. My in-laws have dial-up and it moves at a snails pace. This is the first time that I actually felt like staying on in Saskatoon! It felt like home - It is and always will be my home. I have a psychic (mental/spiritual) connection there. It is comfortable.

Even after living in Vancouver for 5 years, I still do not have the same connection as I do to the city that I grew up in. Is this true of the rest of you? You cannot shake the connection to the place of your birth or formative years?

Had a great time in Saskatoon. Saw a few old friends. We felt like parolees on the loose - squeezing all the movies, meals and starbucks visits we could while having the luxury of free child-care!

Saw Devil Wears Prada (I wore my Prada sunglasses) and Miami Vice (I wore my pink t-shirt, white linen jacket with rolled up sleeves and sockless feet).

Prada - good, not great
Vice - very very good. Michael Mann is incapable of making a bad movie. His films all have that hazy, gritty look to them (check out Heat and Collateral). One criticis, - the chinese villian had a strong accent which made it hard to decipher what she was saying.

Will try to update more frequently - am now in Regina at my folks place - cable, wireless for my laptop and some hyper-fast dell supercomputer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, I know exactly what you mean about Saskatoon! It does have a comfortable feeling about it. People and things have changed alot since we grew up there but it is always nice to go home and hang out in Saskatoon. I have been away since '94 but still think of it as home. I will be there next week, can't wait!
Cheers for now,
NK
Anonymous said…
Happy belated birthday!!

nk
Anonymous said…
"It felt like home - It is and always will be my home. I have a psychic (mental/spiritual) connection there. It is comfortable.

Even after living in Vancouver for 5 years, I still do not have the same connection as I do to the city that I grew up in. Is this true of the rest of you? You cannot shake the connection to the place of your birth or formative years?"

So true Santosh. I stop in from time to time. Looks like all is well.

Cory L.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls