Furnishings


Some business related stuff with first@night needs to be dealt with. It's a drag that I wish I didn't have to deal with it - but this is life.

Felicia and I have been looking for a new dining table set - all the stores in Yaletown are REALLY expensive - like 3-4000 just for the table - not including chairs.

We finally found something nice that was reasonably priced - so we are pretty excited to get it - although we won't get it until October - its on order.

This sales guy was amazing - he brought water for Adam, when Adam was getting restless and he was just really attentive to us.

So this took up most of our day - which is not really my idea of a good time.

On Resonate, I have been getting some good feed-back on the book the "Papa Prayer" by Larry Crabb. I am re-reading his book, "Inside Out" right now. I read this book in college and remember being quite affected by it.

He is quite an astute observer of the what western Christianity has become.
Selfish individualism + Christian Morality = Western Christianity.

We approach God with the attitude of "what have we done for me lately?" God has become a tool for us to get what we want: we live moral lives and expect him to bless us in exchange.

Ok - I'm ranting now - will try to chill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls