What happend to me?


The Ninans on ice.

This blogging thing seems to have been on a perpetual pause. I normally blog late at night, reflecting on the day that has just ended. Recently I have been dead tired at night and have been dragging myself to bed, instead of wandering downstairs to the lap-top. maybe I should take my lap-top upstairs and blog from up there.

Anyhow - it is noon on Saturday of Thanksgiving week-end. And I am blogging.

I heard Walter Brueggeman speak on Wednesday night - the guy was unreal. It was basically like listening to a modern day prophet. I need to get the audio downloads of his other messages. Brueggeman is liberal on things like inerrancy and some aspects fo sexuality. But, he is more perceptive and insightful then most Old Testament evangelical theologians that I have read.

Read him.

Other than that, things are pretty swimming. Exodus is rolling along nicely. Various other groups are beginning to emerge from within our church: young adults, moms groups, a couple new home groups - exciting stuff. It feels as if these groups were always there simmering under the surface, awaiting something to ignite them to the surface.

I think we are going to take off to Whistler next month for a week or so. We had originally thought of going to Seattle, but the loonie is tanking so, we'll head north instead.

Film Festival - Only saw one film, which I walked out of because it was so bad. It was the world premiere - we were the first audience in the world to see it - and most likely the last. The film was a spanish film called "In your Absence" and it sucked. The whole thing looks like it was shot with my camcorder. I'm not sure why so much "arty" films need to deal with the darkest and most hideous aspects of human behavior, namely human traffiking and sexual abuse and assault. I am unsure if I will go to any more films next year.

Comments

Stu said…
We've missed your blogging! Enjoying the chance to catch up with part of your family in Sask this weekend for the Broten wedding! We will make sure to visit fudruckers in your honour before the week is out!!
Anonymous said…
Ah yes, rolling the dice at the film festival... I generally avoid any film that uses words in the program like 'edgy', 'experimental', or 'shocking', because at the VIFF words like that can only mean one thing: unwatchable.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls