Shakey


Neil Young

If you are on Facebook and we are friends, you will notice that I have been updating my status all day with Neil Young quotes. That's because Old Shakey is coming to town, and me and my buddy Joey are going to see him!

The show is tomorrow night, and I can't wait. I got into Young a bit more recently and really like him. I have After the Gold Rush, Freedom, Greatest Hits, Prairie Wind, Harvest Moon and Live at Massey Hall. I also have bought songs from other albums such as: Chrome Dreams II, Decade, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, Old Ways, Ragged Glory, Rust Never Sleeps and Weld.

He is similar to Dylan in many ways, in fact the Sun ran a story comparing the two, because Dylan plays this Friday and there are whispers that he may join Young on stage tomorrow night. The only way it could be better is if Johnny Cash strolled on stage too.

Our leadership team from church is going to a conference this week-end in Kelowna. I'll be blogging from there - I think I get free internet at the hotel.

It's wierd - I've lived in Vancouver for over 7 years and have never been to Kelowna, or anywhere in the Okanagan. Just never felt the need.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sure you'll have a great time at the show. And by the way, you should probably invest in the album 'Harvest' as well...

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls