Puzzled



Got back into Vancouver yesterday. It is nice to be back among car horns and traffic. Congestion.

Spent most of today cobbling together a sermon, which I now realize might be far too long. Daryl Pierce is performing an acoustic set tomorrow night. As a result, I should probably tighten up the sermon down to like 10 minutes.

Went to the doctors. It was a beautiful day - bright sunshine and warm.

Watched Reign on Me with F. tonight. I had been looking forward to this film - I had used the trailer to illustrate human alienation once.

The film ended up being quite a disappointment - there were a few nice moments - but it just was not very cohesive.

There was a scene where Don Cheadle and his wife are doing a 1000 piece puzzle. I started to wonder who does puzzles? And, once you do a puzzle - do you actually put it away and do it again someday?

I am very suspicious of this whole puzzle industry. I mean, I guess old people and convicts are putting together Monets or nature scenes. But, what stood out to me, was this was a young couple that had the power to leave their apt. and .... do something that was not a jig-saw puzzle. Do young people actually do jig-saw puzzles?

I'm starting to think maybe this Christmas I'll buy the biggest puzzle set - like 5000 pieces and spend my holidays putting it together.....
to be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls