What I love



I am a pastor, because when I was 17 I was at a conference in Chicago and I felt God call me into full-time vocational Christian ministry. Initially I thought I was going to be an apologist/evangelist type. But life took some different terms - instead I am currently a churchplanter/pastor who does some writing on the side.

What do I love about what I do? Walking alongside people on their spiritual journey, pointing Jesus out along the way.

But most of all I love preaching - I love everything about it. Because Urban Sanctuary has been on "summer mode" I have not been preaching that much lately.

This Sunday I am preaching at a church out in Port Moody - totally random connection that got me invited there. So I am in full sermon prep. mode, which is the best!!! It is so awesome - I have 5 different version sof the text spread out - slowly poring over each word - checking the Hebrew and Greek - watching the meaning unfold slowly.

Then I turn to the commentaries and see what others have found. And then I write the sermon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't get to do it as often as I would like, but I enjoy preaching too. I'd love to hear you sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)