Thursday Post

Why am I wearing a sweater in August? This has been the coldest, most miserable summer in Vancouver that I can remember.

One of my Saudi students Ahmed, has got the coolest shoes ever - he has running shoes, but check out the brands : Prada, Louis Vuiton and Dolce and Gabanna - the cat is a fashion plate! One of them was complaining to me at how pathetic the shopping in Vancouver is - there is only one place to buy Prada, Gucci, etc. But in Riyadh, there are exclusive boutique shops everywhere.

Actually the Saudi students get bugged quite a bit for having lots of money. Everyone keeps telling them they have all the oil money. Which is true, they have shown me pictures of the palaces that they live in. Must be a far cry from the bedrooms they know have in some suburban family's home in North Vancouver or east Van. Well, at least they are getting a nice experience out of it.

One of my students asked to come to my church - so I might invite a whole bunch of them this Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls