What Jesus Does


Jesus came to bind up the brokenhearted.

I have been meditating and pondering on that thought for the past few days.

Many of us, once we reach our 30's realize our lives are not panning out the way we thought. I know two women, both in their 30's - one is going through a divorce, and another has been passed over in a career promotion she was counting on.

The one going through the divorce said - I thought my life was going to be different. I thought by now I would have a family of my own. Instead, I am dividing property, speaking to my ex through a lawyer and living alone again. She is one of the broken hearted. Her heart, her dreams, her expectations have been broken.

Jesus came to bind up the broken hearted.

Jesus came for her. What does Jesus do - Does he reconcile her with her ex-husband? Does he bring her a great Christian guy? He might. Instead I think he takes the broken parts of our lives and binds them together. The adhesive is his love.

Jesus does not always change the situations of our lives. Rather, he reforms the inner parts of us - the deepest parts of us. The parts that no one else sees. The parts we try to protect and insulate from pain. The parts, that get hurt - Private parts. He goes into these deep dark places and lets his love penetrate and slowly reform and rebuild what has been broken. If something has been stolen from us, He gently restores it.

Jesus binds up the brokenhearted.

I personally haven't been feeling the heaviness of dashed dreams or hurt feelings - but I know what it can feel like. And I also know the frustration of waiting and waiting for healing from God.

But, Jesus heals the brokenhearted and sometimes the best healing takes time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls