Writing stuck



I was trying to write an article today and got stuck. Usually when I sit down to do an article, it flows pretty good. I wrote about half of it and then deleted the whole thing in frustration.

Then I had this idea for writing a book - I thought I would try to write a "confession" of my faith - an explanation of why I follow Jesus, that would be relevant to other pop culture afficionados, who are sometimes frustrated by the tethers of institutional Christianity. Or those who have never ever considered the Christian faith.

I wrote a paragraph, then went back and deleted the whole thing.

AUGH!!!! My friend Mark Buchanan says that writer's block is a myth. He says, that writing is like working out - you just do it, even if you don't feel like doing it. He should know, he's written 5 books.

Anyways - it was frustrating for me.

I gave Sophia a bath today.

Adam climbed all over me, while I was trying to read.

It was a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls