The Host


This is an interesting shot -
You can see Felicia shushing Adam, as I read the account of Jesus resurrection from Matthew 28.


Went and saw The Host today. This is a South Korean horror thriller about a sea monster that starts attacking people in Seoul. Don't worry - it is much much better then it sounds. One of the closing scenes is absolutely breath taking in the interplay of the classical music and a family working together to kill the monster.

It is the highest grossing South Korean film of all time. It has also been screened at Cannes - this is a feat in itself - thousands of films are submitted but only a few dozen are selected to be screened. Anyways, I liked it.

Joel reminded me of my very first car - I must have suppressed the memory - it was a 74 corolla wagon, w. fake wood paneling - it was our family's first car in Canada. My dad bought it new at a Toyota dealership in Toronto.

That car took us on many long long family trips across North America - what is amazing is that one of the Ninan kids was always in the back trunk - no seatbelt! I guess society hadn't figured out that that was dangerous yet.

Week is starting to fill up again. I should probably think about keeping 1 day free/week just for sermon prep.

(Jason took the new profile picture on the right. I look deep in thought. It was taken Easter morning - I was selecting the resurrection account I was going to read before we enjoyed brunch together. I have to say, Jason is quite a gifted photographer. I am going to keep posting his pics in the coming days. He took the above pic as well)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls