Car History

Jordon (see sidebar under friends) blogged about how he and his wife have been hunting for a new car. So I thought I would write about the cars I have had:

Station Wagon / Oldsmobile 88 - Both were my parents. I didn't mind the wagon - the Olds was like a total Dad's car.

1988 Chevrolet Sprint - this was a sweet ride until my Dad totalled it.

1987 VW Jetta - I got this car cheap, but I always felt sorta proud driving it, until I tried to drive it through a cab at the corner of Howe and Smithe in Vancouver.

1974 - VW Rabbit - This was a sweet ride until it committed suicide.

1987 VW Beetle - It was cool, but the novelty wore off pretty fast.

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe - We bought this as we await the arrival of baby #2. We decided to buy a larger vehicle for convenience. It is an SUV, but at least it is a small one.

DVD's

It was a day of DVD shopping. I bought the following:

Life of Brian
Jesus of Nazareth
Wings of Desire
Don't Look Back - Dylan documentary film from the 60's

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wasn't that a '97 VW beetle?
cpb.
Anonymous said…
A correction . . . the VW rabbit didn't commit suicide, it was left to die in my parents' driveway and then coaxed back to life by them and given to me upon my graduation from UBC. I loved it although for the first month I had to drive it with the windows rolled down since it smelled so strongly of mould. It had seatbelts that were only shoulder straps (no lap belt). After Andrew and I got married we had to drive with the sunroof open so he could sit up straigth. It was totalled while we were in Australia, I believe by my sister.
Erin

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls