Latent Love



This was my first day back to work in a sense. I started working on Sunday's service and my sermon on Eph. 4:1-6 - the characteristics of the beloved community.

In ch's 2-3 of Ephesians, Paul has been stating that this new hybrid community of Jews and non-Jews has been brought into being. Now he starts to explain what this new community actually looks like.

But, I got bogged down in the bloated in-box of my e-mail. We have started working with a designer on a new logo for urban sanctuary - I was hunting around for some help on-line. This is a cool site if you are looking for help in this area.

Adam continues to warm up to his sister - this whole socialization process has been fascinating to watch.

I have the seed of a magazine article in my head - I will probably try to write it tonight. I am entitling it "Latent Love". Latent Love is the love we have inside of us which has not been enlightened or animated. I love Sophia - but that love was latent inside of me, until she was born.

This has caused me to wonder - how much love are we missing out on? How much love lays dormant inside us - it is unawakaned, because we have not taken the risk of loving another.


Comments

ReverendKathryn said…
Beautiful baby. Beautiful family. Thanks for the pictures. You're in my prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls