JACK'S BACK




firstatnight has found a home. After looking high and low, the perfect location was right under our noses - our building's meeting room. It has everything - environment, location and its cheap.

Welcome home.

Nice service tonight. All the regulars minus one. Felicia has now officially started our children's ministry with Haley, Adam and Olivia. They go up to our apartment and do crafts, have a snack and listen to a Bible story.

I spoke tonight on Job - I think I talked about it before so I'll spare you the details.

24 started tonight. Man oh man. Jack's back and he is kicking butt. This guy is no nonsense. Chloe is still there, chewing on her bottom lip and looking miserable.

Cameo Alert - Steven Merchant, one of the co-creators of the British version of the Office appears in the first 5-10 minutes of the first episode. He is working at CTU and he accepts a file from the woman who appears to be in charge. He appears on screen from maybe 3 seconds.

The Ricky Gervais Podcast (which Merchant is also in) is by far the FUNNIEST FUNNIEST thing I have ever heard in my life. It now costs money but it is worth every penny.

Does anyone know how to post sound-clips on here? I want to post this song by this guy called Josh Ritter. I saw Ritter on Letterman on Friday when I couldn't sleep - I was enthralled, kind of like when I saw James Blunt on SNL last year. (Although I feel kinda fruity saying I was enthralled by James Blunt, seeing as I am a straight male). Ritter is good - check him out.

Well, looks like firstatnight is going to chug along for a little while. Good news.

Day off tomorrow - Going to see a movie with Phil - Pan's Labyrinth. Might review it for Relevant.

Thinking about church as a movement, rather than as an institution, will require a complete paradigm shift for current church leaders. But it is a shift long overdue. The church in the West needs to become a missionary movement in its own milieu. - Shaping of Things to COme - Frost/Hirsch

Comments

Julie said…
Not entirely with you on the James Blunt thing, but otherwise, we were just wondering if you're stalking us!? Santosh, we lead parallell lives!
1) Stu and I are HUGE fans of 24 - we love JB (and his little known SK roots - Kiefer's grandfather is Tommy Douglas!) but have only watched up to series four on DVD.
2) Stu loves the Office (British version of course), Extras and Ricky Gervais' podcast - I like them but sometimes the Office is a bit like watching a car crash! We recommend Russell Brand's podcast on BBC Radion 2 but don't blame us if it's a bit rude. Also fyi, Stephen Merchant is starting a show on BBC Radio 6 this week.
3) Stu and I saw Josh Ritter live in Belfast just before Christmas - he was amazing! Nancy actually met him when he opened for Sarah Harmer in S'toon - there are unconfirmed rumors circulating that he flirted with her and he definitely signed an autograph!
Glad that your church found a home - have a good Monday!
Julie and Stu :)
Loeppkys said…
Jack Bauer quotes I have incorporated into my everyday conversations with my wife:

"We're running out of TIME!!"

"You have to TRUST me!!"

"Dammit"

All keys to a healthy marriage.
Joel M-E said…
Interesting points... I guess President Palmer is just like Tommy douglas... (I am currently in Season 3). Palmer is trying to pass some health care bill.

I also like 24 and the office (american version better - a little, actually alot, less raunchy)

I don't know if I actually know any Josh ritter songs off the top of my head. Does he sing...

Come and knock on our door
We've been waiting for you
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his
Three's company, too!
Jeff Logan said…
Didn't he sing "Sioux City Sue"? ...even as I type in a lame reference to Tex Ritter I am pretty sure it won't fly in Yaletown! Sorry for interrupting and wasting bandwidth.
Santosh said…
I do not trust the terrorist that Palmer gave the pardon to. i think we are being set up. The black agent should have killed him when he had the chance.

Josh Ritter is no relation to the brilliant John Ritter.

Brotens - I'm coming to Belfast to live with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls