Celebrity Culture

Joni Mitchell

Julie (see sidebar for link) posted about her friends that have met celebrities. I have somehow managed to meet a few famous people. So I thought I would talk about a few I have met over the next few days. I am going to try to do it in chronographical order from earliest to most recent

1983 - Prime Minister Brian Mulroney spoke at Midtown Plaza. He walked through the crowd. When he got to my family, he knelt down and kissed Asha on the cheek! He then shook my hand and smiled, saying nothing.

early 80's - Ravi Zacharias came to our place for indian food. He was doing some meetings at Circle Drive Alliance.

1988 - Joni Mitchell did a press conference at the Bessborough. Me and 2 other Bowman students snuck in. She came over to us after and talked with us. I presented her with a beanie and a penant from her old high-school. That short clip ended up on CBC's national and local news as well. I relished my 15 seconds of fame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls