The Knight is too Dark


My $12.50 contributed to the 3 billion $ or so money the Dark Knight made this weekend. I have not been so eager to see a movie since the Departed. I went on Saturday afternoon with a buddy. The theater was packed with giddy people.

And.... this is one dark flick. David Letterman said you should see the Dark Knight for 2 reasons:
1. Heath Ledger's performance.
2. Batman's motorcycyle.

Ledger does dazzle as the psychotic Joker. I have never seen a more disturbing character on the screen. And dark is the best way to describe the film. The movie opens with a murderous bang and really doesn't stop from there. Everyone is excellent in their acting, yet Ledger still manages to tower above everyone else.

Like Apocalypse Now, this is a film that it is hard to say you "liked". It is so dark, depressing and holds no ultimate redemption.

I hate to say this, but I really wouldn't recommend kids under 10 see this movie - it'll mess you up man.

A pretty full weekend: bar-b-q, concert, golf driving range, dinner out, church, picnic in park and the Dark Knight casting a shadow over it all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
After seeing some of the trailers, I'm in no hurry to watch the movie. I just don't feel like I need that kind of energy flowing through me for a couple of hours. My advice: go take Felicia to see Mamma Mia instead (but only if you like ABBA of course), you'll smile the whole way through.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)